Part of the reason I posted this was to try and get some traffic. I make no apologies for this, heck I need to get this thing moving or I am destined to spend the year talking to myself!
Never really though much of personality tests, but I must applaud the superb UI of personaldna by attap who have put together some lovely web apps. I approve of their philosophy and outlook for the web. (They can all rest easier now!)
I think a short list of web 2.0 apps is in order, with or without a critique, depending on if anyone wishes to contribute. Before I start, for all the geeks out there, yes I will be mentioning all the usual stuff, but for some of you this may be new and exciting and worth a visit. Have a look anyway, see for yourself and be your own judge.
The ones I use regularly at home
- Flickr – no list would be complete without it, for all your photography sharing needs
- Gmail – the new hotmail
- Delicious – online bookmarking, tagging app
- Measuremap – fabulous tracking stats for blogs
- rollyo – custom build search engines
- netvibes – loving this combines loads of the others
The ones I use regularly at work
The ones I have used but not returned to
- web2.0validator – a bit of fun
- writely – an alternative to 37signals writeboards
- odeo – all things media
- backpackit – little brother to basecamp, good for lists and organising
- shutterbook – alternative to flickr
- digg – social news aggregator
- rememberthemilk – another tada type list maker. Nelly take note!
- Rojo – online RSS reader and sharing app
The ones I will be using regularly when the necessity arises
- Anything by attap – keeping my eye on these guys, great stuff
- linkedin – networking tool